CROSS-CULTURAL DIALOGUE AT LESSONS OF RUSSIAN LANGUAGE AT SCHOOLS PROVIDING GENERAL EDUCATION OF LATVIA
Authors: Margarita Gavrilina
Number of views: 350
This article is devoted to the possibilities of usage lingvoculturology experience in the process of teaching mother tongue (Russian) in the conditions of diaspora, and in Russian language textbooks for the pupils of national minority schools of Latvia. These textbooks were developed by the author of the article.
In the introduction, the author proves the necessity of the development of cross-cultural skills of pupils in the process of their mother tongue studies, analyses the problems in cross-cultural capacity of school-leavers.
In the second part of the article, the author describes the intra-cultural and cross-cultural dialogues, which are actualized in the contents of educational course “Russian language” and in the textbooks of Russian (the necessity and didactic possibilities of development for diaspora pupils the ability to create a dialogue with facts and values of their own culture and other peoples’ cultures).
The focus of author’s attention is the development of cross-cultural competence of students with the help of using cross-cultural tasks as a special type of educational exercises. The author describes the principles taken as a cross-cultural task-forming basis, and cross-cultural task types:
- cross-cultural tasks aimed at the development of pupils’ cultural tolerance;
- cross-cultural tasks aimed at the development of pupils’ cultural mutual understanding;
- cross-cultural tasks aimed at the development of pupils’ cultural unity.
The author describes the didactic possibilities of the use of cross-cultural tasks at the lessons of Russian.
In the conclusion, the author highlights that the experience, which has been gained in the process of using cross-cultural tasks at the lessons of Russian, allows
- to expand the culturological outlook of diaspora students,
- to teach students to notice likenesses and distinctions between speech behavior of different cultures representatives and deal with them,
- to teach students to think in a comparative aspect, to determine lacunae in their own knowledge, to escape stereotypes, to be able to take the position of an interlocutor – the representative of another culture, to evaluate the world from position of their value orientations;
- to improve purposefully and successfully not only cross-cultural skills of students but also their communicative, language and educational abilities.