Reconstruction of the Biography of the boat “Bolshevik” of the Plant “Udmurtles”
Authors: Nicholas W. Mitiukov
Number of views: 10
The fleets of forestries, especially multi-profile ones, where timber rafting was not their main occupation, still remain one of the less studied pages of the history of river transport. In their priorities, water transport was significantly inferior to automobile and tractor, and even horse-drawn transport. For this reason, the annual reports of such farms, even if they had a fleet, usually ignored the filling in of special forms on water transport.
In the work, based on a comparison of synchronous documentation for the Izhevsk operational office and enterprises of the association “Udmurtles”, the biography of the boat “Bolshevik” was reconstructed. In all likelihood, this is the former boat No. 57 of the Sarapul raid of the Kamlesosplav, transferred in 1943 to the Sarapul timber processing plant. In 1958, the ship was handed over to the Izhevsk Construction Department and transported to the Izhevsk Pond, where in 1959 it was handed over to the Izhevsk Operational Office. Here the ship was renamed “Puteets” and handed over to the way’s service, where, probably, the engine was replaced on it. The ship was in operation until 1961, until it was replaced by the boat “Kambaryak”. Apparently, the final write-off of the ship was made only in January 1962, when the ships were transferred to the Izhevsk operational office in connection with the liquidation of the Udmurt administration of small rivers.