The quarterly Journal of the School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research was founded in 2002 and has been published regularly since then by Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS). The articles, reports of original research in various areas of public health, are in Persian, with an English abstract. The Journal is a forum for publication of results of research by university researcher and findings of MSc and Ph.D students’ theses and dissertations.
Ths aims of the Journal are:
1. to expand knowledge of public health with a view to promoting health at the community level;
2. to provide a forum for exchange of ideas and debates related to public health issues at the national and regrional levels with a view to reaching appropriate solutions;
3. to provide an opportunity for communication and exchange of views among public health science researchers;
4. to persuade faculty members and other researchers into publishing their research findings;
5. to critique community health policies;
6. to propagate information on the most recent events and achievements in public health sciences in Iran and abroad.